New Shallow Water Filter

Here’s a picture of the new design.
It’s for very shallow water.
shallow-water-filter

9 Comments

1. Matt Dwyer on April 30, 2013 at 6:44 pm

This looks very clever. Does this have a backflow check valve built into it, or is a separate check valve needed to keep from losing prime?

What size is the pipe connection, and how is the pipe connected?

2. Jeff on June 7, 2013 at 7:58 am

The backflow valve is not included. You shouldn’t need one though.

3. Neil Fleming on June 9, 2013 at 7:20 am

I am currently using a square wooden box loaded with a brick, inside is my foot valve. The water i have is very muddy and weed covered. I am interested in your product but need to know how this works?. Questions being – Does this eliminate the foot valve ? How much maintenance , and wear and tear parts / serviceability is involved. I live in Canada do you ship? .

4. Byron Kaczmarek on August 20, 2013 at 11:16 am

We are drawing water from Lake Ontario with the dual filter mounted in the 5 gallon pail. We can water our lawn for 10 hours without a problem. I simply pull the pail out at the end of the day, empty the pea gravel and rinse it. Lake Ontario can be very rough, and unpredictable so I have learned not to leave the filter and pail in the water. I have used the filters for over 100 hours and haven’t had to take them apart for cleaning. It will probably go all season without cleaning.

5. Jeff on December 10, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Neil – sorry for the slow response – take a look at the videos on this website for some explanation of how it works, also, feel free to email questions in on the Contact Us page of this wesite. I believe maintenance would be just cleaning once per year. It does come apart for cleaning. And yes, we do ship to Canada.

Byron – thanks for your comments!

6. jerry bolton on March 20, 2016 at 1:07 pm

can i use this with my camper at lake?

7. Jeff on March 21, 2016 at 6:06 am

You could but this filter does not make water safe to drink. It’s mainly for lawn irrigation systems.

8. Bill on April 3, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Question- will the filter work well for an outdoor shower. Just curious how clean the water will be coming from a Minnesota lake for a cabin on an island?

9. Jeff on April 11, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Thanks for your question Bill. I think it will. The filter does not sanitize the water though. But it does filter out pretty small material like small pieces of sand and weeds.